Legal Notice and Disclaimer
By visiting and using the information at this website you agree to the following.
Intellectual Property laws protect this site
Copyright in the material available at this site is owned by the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (‘CSIRO’), The Bureau of Meteorology (‘Bureau’) and third parties. It may only be used in the ways described in this legal notice:
- You may take temporary copies necessary to browse this site on screen
- Unless otherwise stated, you may download or print a single copy of CSIRO and Bureau copyright material for your own information, research or study, but only if you:
- Do not change the material; and
- Do not remove any part of any copyright or other notice.
Full copyright information is available on our copyright page.
Always Check the Information
Information at this site:
- Is general information provided as part of CSIRO and Bureau’s statutory role in the dissemination of information relating to scientific and technical matters;
- Is subject to the uncertainties of scientific and technical research may not be accurate, current or complete;
- Is subject to change without notice;
- Is not a substitute for independent professional advice and you should obtain specific professional advice relevant to your particular circumstances; and
- May include the views or recommendations of third parties, which do not necessarily reflect the views of the Bureau or CSIRO or indicate their commitment to a particular course of action.
Links to External Web Sites
The Bureau or CSIRO have no direct control over the content of any linked sites, or the changes that may occur to the content on those sites. It your responsibility to make your own decisions about visiting linked external sites, and about the accuracy, currency, completeness, quality, reliability and suitability for any purpose of information contained in such sites.
Links to external web sites do not constitute an endorsement or a recommendation of those sites, including any information, material or third party products or services available from or through those sites. You are responsible for being aware of which organisation is hosting any site you visit.
You are solely responsible for your use of this site (and any information or material available from it) and you accept all risks and consequences that might arise from your use of this site (and any information or material available from it). This includes:
- any risk of your computer, software or data being damaged by any virus, disabling codes, worms or other devices and defects which might be transmitted or activated via the website, or your access to it or the downloading of files from the web site; and
- any risk of connections transmitted to and from this site being intercepted and modified by third parties.
The Bureau of Meteorology (‘Bureau’) and the Commonwealth Scientific Industrial Organisation (‘CSIRO’) are not in any way liable for losses, damages, costs, expenses and liability of any kind that you or any other person may suffer or incur directly or indirectly from you using this site and any information or material available from it.
To the maximum extent permitted by law:
- the Bureau and CSIRO excludes all liability to any person arising directly or indirectly from using this site and any information or material available from it; and
- the Bureau and CSIRO do not give any representation or warranty of any kind (whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise) including in relation to the availability, accuracy, currency, completeness, quality, reliability or suitability for any purpose of this site and any information or material available from it, or that the information or material will not infringe any third party intellectual property rights, or that the site will be free from defects, viruses, third party interception or other security threats or vulnerabilities including those which could cause loss or damage to you.
To the extent that the Bureau and CSIRO’s liability for a breach of any statutory condition or warranty cannot be excluded, then to the extent permitted by law, liability is limited to, at the Bureau and CSIRO’s discretion, the replacement of the information or material available from this site or a remedy of the Bureau and CSIRO’s choice contained section 64A of the Australian Consumer Law.