- PhD, University of Melbourne, Australia, (2005)
- BSc (Hons), University of Melbourne (2000)
- BSc, Ewha Womans University (1998)
Variability and Prediction of Australian Climate Dynamics, Variability, and Prediction of Climate Drivers (e.g. ENSO, IOD, SAM) Extratropical Cyclones in the Southern Hemisphere Changes in the General Circulation in Future Climate
- Lim, E.-P. and H. H. Hendon 2014: Understanding the contrast of Australian springtime rainfall of 1997 and 2002 in the frame of two flavors of El Nino submitted to J. Clim.
- Lim, E.-P. and H. H. Hendon 2014: Understanding and predicting the strong Southern Annular Mode and its impact on the record wet east Australian spring 2010 Clim. Dyn. DOI:10.1007/s00382-014-2400-5
- Arblaster, J. M., E.-P. Lim, H. H. Hendon, B. C. Trewin, M. C. Wheeler, G. Liu and K. Braganza 2014: Understanding Australia's hottest September on record. Bull. Amer. Met. Soc., 95 (9), S37-S41.
- Hendon, H. H., E.-P. Lim, H. Nguyen 2014: Seasonal Variations of Subtropical Precipitation Associated with the Southern Annular Mode J. Clim. 27, 3446-3460
- Hendon, H. H, E.-P. Lim, J. Arblaster and D. L. T. Anderson 2014: Causes and Predictability of the Record Wet Spring, Australia 2010 Clim. Dyn., 42, 1155-1174
- Lim, E.-P., H. H. Hendon and H. A. Rashid 2013: Seasonal predictability of the Southern Annular Mode due to its association with ENSO J. Clim. 26, 8037-8054
- Cottrill, D. A. and coauthers 2013: Seasonal Forecasting in the Pacific using the coupled model POAMA-2 Weather and Forecasting, 28, 668-680
- Hendon, H. H, E.-P. Lim, and G. Liu 2012: The Role of Air-Sea Interaction for Prediction of Australian Summer Monsoon Rainfall J. Climate, vol. 25, 1278-1290.
- Lim, E.-P., H. H. Hendon, D. L. T. Anderson, A. Charles and O. Alves 2011: Dynamical, statistical-dynamical and multi-model ensemble forecasts of Australian spring season rainfall. Mon. Wea. Rev. vol.139, 958-975.
- Lim, E.-P., H. H. Hendon, O. Alves, Y. Yin, M. Zhao, G. Wang, D. Hudson and G. Liu 2009: Impact of SST bias correction on prediction of ENSO and Australian winter rainfall. CAWCR Res. Lett. vol.3, iv.
- Hendon, H. H., E. Lim, G. Wang, O. Alves and D. Hudson 2009: Prospects for predicting two flavors of El Nino. Geophy. Res. Lett., vol.36, L19713, doi:10.1029/2009GL040100.
- Lim, E.-P. H. H. Hendon, D. Hudson, G. Wang and O. Alves 2009: Dynamical forecast of inter El-Nino variations of tropical SST and Australian spring rainfall. Mon. Wea. Rev. vol.137, 3796-3810.
- Lim, E.-P. and I. Simmonds 2009: Effect of tropospheric temperature change on the zonal mean circulation and SH winter extratropical cyclones. Clim. Dyn., 33, 19-32
- Simmonds,I. and E.-P. Lim 2009: Biases in the calculation of Southern Hemisphere mean baroclinic eddy growth rate. Geophy. Res. Lett., vol.36, L01707, doi:10.1029/2008GL036320
- Lim, E.-P. and I. Simmonds 2007: Southern Hemisphere winter extratropical cyclone characteristics and vertical organization observed with the ERA-40 reanalysis data in 1979-2001. Journal of Climate, vol.20, 2675-2690.
- Simmonds, I., Keay, K., and E.-P. Lim 2003: Synoptic Activity in the Seas around Antarctica. Monthly Weather Review, vol.131, pp.272-288
- Lim, E.-P. and I. Simmonds 2002: Explosive Cyclone Development in the Southern Hemisphere and a Comparison with Northern Hemisphere Events. Monthly Weather Review, vol.130, pp.2188-2209
- Current capability of seasonal climate prediction for south eastern Australia South Eastern Australian Climate Initiative Annual meeting, 2009
- Dynamical Seasonal Forecasting Pacific Adaptation Strategy Assistance Program Annual Workshop, 2010