Earth System Modelling (ESM): Aims
We aim to:
- Develop a national approach to climate and weather prediction model development;
- Provide the Australian Bureau of Meteorology with world-leading Numerical Weather Prediction capability to underpin Australia's basic weather services;
- Assist CSIRO by providing the best possible science for use in analysing climate impacts and adaptation, and related fields;
- Enable Australia to contribute to major international model intercomparison projects and to contribute appropriate climate projections and scenarios to the Fifth Assessment by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change;
- Provide a world class complex systems science capability; and
- Provide opportunities for scientists to share knowledge, form collaborations and initiate new projects.